From the Pastor's Desk
Shalom and greetings to you all in Jesus' name!
It has been an amazing 6 months of God's grace, faithfulness and goodness upon ALL of us at Tabernacle of Worship. More so as a church - in these past 6 months we have learned, heard and discovered together as a church on messages and truths about how to:
• Be Ready, Be Focus, Be Firm, Be Wise, Be Strong, Be Victorious!
As we move on to the second half of 2019 together as a church, we look forward to discover more truths of what we CAN BE as a church. We wil; start off with July's emphasis on "BE GRACIOUS".
We will look into messages and truths regarding THE graciousness of God, and how important it is to extend grace one to another in Christ Jesus.
• 2 Timothy 2:1, "You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus." [NIV]
Why should we extend grace one to another? It's because God has extended His grace to us, and that HE IS a gracious God. Ephesians 2:8, "8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-9 not by works, so that no one can boast."[NIV]
• Psalm 145:8, "The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love."[NIV]
• Psalm 116:5, "The Lord is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion." [NIV]
• James 4:6, "But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: "God hopposes the proud but shows favor to the humble." [NIV]
So the thing is this, IF God is so gracious to us, WHY CAN'T we learn to be gracious one to another? We are suppose to be His children, and through us people will know that we are His disciples.
John 13:34-35, "34 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." [NIV]
So, this month let us purpose to extend grace one to another, CAN?
May you have a month of God's abundant grace!
Pastor Christopher Mun & Marianne Mun